With a clear focus and ethos of supporting sustainable improvement, our Quality Improvement division provides the broadest range of quality assurance and improvement services to the sector. We work as a partner, trusted advisor and objective friend to develop the internal skills and capacity to drive continuous improvement.
Our unique approach to supporting our clients means we do not believe in off the shelf approaches and packages, instead, we co-design and develop bespoke programmes which are truly tailored to meet the individual needs and circumstances of each provider.
By matching the specialist skills of our extensive associate network to the needs of our clients, we design our programmes to maximise impact.
Examples of our quality improvement projects include:
- Leading Learning – a development programme for middle leaders
- Coaching and developing managers and staff to drive improvement
- CPD on teaching, learning and assessment
- Observation training
- Advanced practitioner support and training
- Apprenticeships standards development
- Delivery of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Prevent: Train the Trainer
Examples of our quality assurance services include:
- Pre and post inspection support
- Quality reviews of curriculum provision
- External benchmarking of learners’ work
- Observations and learning walks
- Self-Assessment moderation and validation
During 2017 FE Associates built a strong relationship with the national training provider PeoplePlus. Our support has included a post-merger review of all their provision types in different locations nationally, identifying key strengths and on-going areas for improvement. We have moderated observations to improve the quality of observers’ judgements and action planning which informed future training. Through our Prevent: Train the Trainer programme, we delivered four national training sessions and upskilled a central team. We have also developed a series of apprenticeship standards which are now being delivered by assessors and levy paying customers. PeoplePlus were inspected in June 2017 and were judged to be ‘good’.
The support we have received from FE Associates has been excellent. The breadth of their quality improvement activities has enabled them to support all aspects of provision and their support was significant in helping us to achieve good Grade 2 at our last inspection.