Effective self-assessment and quality improvement plans are central to driving up standards and improving outcomes for learners. Writing evaluative self-assessment reports, ensuring they remain live and have impact continues to be an on-going challenge for providers, particularly for middle managers who are often new to the role and have not previously been involved in self-assessment. The 5 day ‘SAR to Finish’ training package provides managers with the skills to write effective self-assessment reports, quality improvement plans and offers on-going support to refine SARs prior to validation.
The training package
The training is aimed at middle managers responsible for writing self-assessment reports. The training package can facilitate up to 18 managers. The package consists of:
1 day's training on:
- Understanding the CIF (key aspects, norms V strengths and going beyond achievement rates)
- Making and writing judgements (evaluative language and making judgements based on evidence)
- Grading (accuracy of grades and identifying factors which impact on grades)
- Quality improvement plans (sustainable improvements, impact measures and targets).
3 days' critical friend support. This support will take place once staff have had time to develop their first draft SAR. The support will include:
- A series of 1:1 meetings with mangers to include:
- Reviewing and feedback on their first draft SAR
- Coaching, support and guidance for managers
- Feedback at the end of each day to senior managers providing key themes
- A written report summarising the main strengths and on-going areas for development following the support.
1 day’s validation:
- Associate sits on the college panel to provide an external perspective and validate grades
- Depending on the size of the organisation this can be a departmental, school/faculty or at college level.
This is an outline, however, the overall package can be adapted to meet each individual provider’s need.
- The overall cost for the 5 day package is £3,400.
- This includes all training and support for up to 18 managers, accommodation and expenses.
To book the training package or discuss your individual requirements please contact either:
Edd.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07827 892146 or
Karen.email@example.com / 01454 617707