Salary: £30,000 per annum
Closing date: Noon on Friday 5 March 2021
Interview date: TBC
Welcome to FEA
Thank you for your interest in the role of Marketing Executive with FE Associates. This is a new role for us and we are excited about finding the right person to join us in the next phase of our development.
Our business was founded in 2004 and serves the further education and skills sector and the majority of our clients are further education colleges. We have four key product/service offerings:
1. Interim Leadership and Management Solutions
2. Executive Search and Recruitment
3. Specialist Consultancy Services
4. Training and Development
To date, our approach to sales, client management and business development has very much been driven by me and our Commercial Director, Dave Sykes, leveraging our personal relationships within the sector. However, as we emerge from this pandemic, we know we need to rebuild our sales and income and to do that we need to strengthen our approaches to marketing our products and services. This is where you come in!
I am looking for a marketing expert to work very closely with myself and the other directors to develop a new marketing approach for us. You have to be able to work independently, you will be the sole marketing expert within our business, there will not be other marketing specialists to learn from. I don’t see this as someone’s first job out of college or university but it may be your second or third. Or you may be really experienced and fancy a move into a new sector. We are a small business that works at pace and I expect our new Marketing Executive to share our mindset and flexible attitude. As this is a completely new role for us, you will need to shape the job and the role and carve out a place for yourself in our organisation.
We are currently doing quite a lot of work with our clients on diversity and inclusion and we need to harness this within our business as well. Therefore, I am looking for our new Marketing Executive to bring diversity and difference to our business and to leverage this to make us think, act and behave differently. You will have my commitment to support you in succeeding in this role and making a positive impact, not only to the company but to your career as well.
So if all of this attracts you, then please send us an application. We need a CV, a covering letter and a completed E&D form by noon on Friday 5 March 2021 at the latest. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you get through our longlisting process, the first stage will be for you to interview me for 30 minutes. Not the usual way of doing things, I know, but this gives you a bit of an insight into how we work.
With best wishes
About the Role
As our new Marketing Executive, you will take responsibility for the development and implementation of a marketing strategy which enables the different areas of our business to grow in terms of income, profitability and brand presence. As well as leading on the development of our strategy, you will implement a marketing plan which propels us into the future.
In this role, we will want you to focus on the following areas:
- Developing, driving and implementing a marketing plan that propels our Teaching Matters professional training offer to the further education and skills sector.
- Driving our digital marketing and communications strategy and making sure our business has the strongest digital marketing presence in our space.
- Position us as the market leader in executive search and recruitment for the further education sector.
- Position and drive our brand as a leading provider of leadership development programmes for the further education and skills sector.
- Develop strategies that open and grow new market opportunities for us.
- Maintain and develop our position as a leading provider of consultancy and recruitment services to the further education and skills sector.
Key relationships in this role:
You will work closely with the following people in the business:
- Matt Atkinson, Managing Director
- Dave Sykes, Commercial Director
- Judith Richardson, Operations Director
- Jo Johnston, Director of Recruitment
- Donna Clifford, Teaching Matters Lead
- Sarah Atkinson, Recruitment Coordinator
- Alison Edwards, PA to the MD and Commercial Director
In this role, we expect to recruit someone who:
- Will bring difference and diversity to our business, we don’t want more people like us!
- Is an expert in their field with qualifications and experience to match.
- Knows how to use the power of marketing and communications to grow business performance.
- Can work under their own initiative, come up with innovative and creative ideas and see these through, i.e. a completer finisher.
- Has great attention to detail and a focus on what matters and the things that impact.
- Understands how a small business works, is prepared to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary in the best interests of the business.
- Works with a sense of pace, purpose and fun.
- Is prepared to be held to account and to be impactful.
- Is a great communicator, responds in a timely manner and delivers what has been agreed.
As a minimum you will need to have:
- A relevant marketing qualification.
- GCSE maths and English, with the ability to write well and be commercially numerate.
- Experience of working in marketing and communications.
- Bags of ideas and energy.
- A strong work ethic and a flexible approach.
- The ability to establish and maintain great professional relationships.
Terms and conditions:
- An annual salary of £30k per annum.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Access to a company pension scheme.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Remote and home-based working, but if you want to work from our office in Bristol then that’s OK too. We will expect you to attend the office for occasional meetings etc., probably no more than once a month.
- We will provide the tools of the trade, e.g. computer, telephone.
How to apply:
- Please send a letter of application, a CV and a completed E&D Form (see below) to our recruitment inbox: email@example.com. In your letter of application we want you to tell us why you would be great for us.
- If we want to meet you, you will then be invited to interview our MD for 30 minutes via Zoom/Teams. That’s right – you will interview him.
- If that goes well, you will have a further session with some of our team.
- Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 5 March 2021.